Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back to life, back to reality

travel size *L*Mo has just returned from Pebble Beach!
{technically the OPPOSITE of travel size since i've been eating everything in site}
We had a great time 
and the weather was
aaaamazeballs
Pat's dad was one of 3 MPCC members to be picked in a drawing to play in the AT&T Pro Am.
SO EXCITING and one of his lifetime dreams!
plus
he had the CUUUUTEST caddy ever who did such a good job!!
{I got a REAL kick out of walking around pretending to be "big time" telling EVERYONE I was with the AMATEUR CADDY...}
I'd like to tell you a little story...

a PERSONAL FAIL, if you will

I'm a big fan of Phil Mickelson!
Great golfer, seems like a good family guy,
kinda...sorta.... actually not really good looking guy
{don't care about that anyways} 
overall I'm just a fan. 

So on Wednesday night
Pat, Kirsten's BF David, and I went to TRAPS at Spanish Bay for cocktails
we are just walking down the hallway into the bar when who do we pass walking alone to his room??
PHIL MICKELSON!
So like a total dumb ass, I just STOP
and stare as he walks right by me,
mouth open-excited face and all...
{meanwhile Pat and David have forged on ahead and into the bar, trying to be "cool" and not notice him}
me? I'm standing there all excited thinking we are all going to stop and say hi to him as he just walks 
RIGHT BY ME
hopefully oblivious to what an idiot I must look like.
I walked into the bar with my head hung and spent the rest of the evening talking about what an idiot I was that I didn't even say hi! 


Fast forward to the next night, Thursday night...
Same situation
Walking into traps with David and Pat
SAME SPOT
I see him AGAIN
How lucky is that?!?! It was definitely meant to be!
{this time he is walking towards us but a little further away}
Pat does the same thing and wanders on into Traps but I GRAB David's arm
"DAVID IT"S PHIL! Wait with me I GOTTA say hi to him"
So awkwardly we stand there...
waiting...
as he slowly walks towards us...
I'm convinced he is about to pull the "fake phone call" to avoid us 
but either way, I stand there...
me with a geeky but EXTREMELY excited smile...
he approaches
me: {awkward fast wave} Hi Phil!
phil: Hi, how are you?
me: I'm fine, nice job today
phil: thank you!
he keeps walking
aaaaand END SCENE

Seriously Lindsey?!?!
How about? "Hey Phil can I get a picture with you"
why am I such an IDIOT

He was ALONE
perfect time to take a fan photo 
and I can barely get a few words out!!!
I.D.I.O.T.

 So as I'm sulking in the bar over my scotch on the rocks
I chalk this up to be yet another wash
and think to myself
"hey you saw him two nights in a row, you will come tomorrow and get that picture with him!"
So did I see him Friday night????
*
*
*
*
of course not...
*ugh*

So there you have it, my brush with a famous golfer
and I totally CHOKE

Oh welll
Who needs Phil Mickelson
when you are dating the amateur caddy! 
;)

xo,
*L*Mo

P.S.  Here are a few more pics
Mike Sr. on #4 at Spyglass

Paddy the Caddy on 18th Fairway, Pebble Beach

From left: Kate, Lisa, Me, Mairi, Annie, and Megan

Pat and Mike Sr. on #7, Pebble Beach

18th green, Pebble Beach

From left: Dad-Gary, David, Annie, Me, Mom-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment