Thursday, February 17, 2011

Guilty little TV pleasures

Hi everyone
 My name is *L*Mo
and i'm a TV-aholic...

Hi *L*Mo!!!!

Yes, it's true
I love TV!
Im one of those people that really enjoys it at all hours of the day
{and I even fall asleep with it on}

While my boyfriend DOES happen to feel the same way about TV,
  He does NOT however
enjoy my TV choices from time to time....

He recently complained:
"Honey, since Walt has moved out, I'm slowly having to watch MORE Oprah and LESS Sports Center and I don't like it."

I feel bad for this...really I do...
but I'm just not one of those girls that looooves sports
Don't get me wrong,
I LOVE live sports when I am there
but I'm just not a sports page kind of gal...SO SUE ME

This got me thinking about the kinds of shows I make my poor boyfriend watch...
The tame side would be stuff like Modern Family, stuff on the Food Network, travel channel, and the occasional Oprah
{Pat can't lie-some of the Oprah shows are QUITE intriguing to him and I KNOW IT!!}

But here are a few that just plain DO NOT FLY during couples TV time...

1. One Born Every Minute
What is it about babies and shows about having them that I just 
LOVE
?!?
I could watch this kinda stuff all day!
In fact,
When I first saw a commercial for this show
I literally made a calendar reminder in my Outlook
to make sure I didn't miss the premiere
{and Lauren's bday...it was a double dose reminder}

Lately, 
I've been watching this on Comcast On Demand when I'm in bed
and Pat has fallen sound asleep next to me...

The problem?
Every time I watch it in bed
Pat gets woken up 
by the craaaazy, ear piercing pain screams of these women in labor!!!
{even after I quickly turn the volume down when I know it's coming! I'm never fast enough...}
His response always cracks me up...

"OMG what the hell is that screaming??"

"Nothing babe, just a woman giving birth shhhh back to sleeeeeeep"

Can you think of a worse way for a man to be woken from a deep slumber?  
I think not.


2. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
{currently on hiatus until Season 2 begins (yay!)}

I've never really watched any of the other Housewives shows but for some reason this one appealed to me
AND
I became completely addicted

Here is what a conversation centered around my interest in the show sounds like between Pat and I:
Pat: I'm seriously worried about WHY you like this show
Lindsey: It's entertaining
Pat: Yes but is this what you want your life to be?  Is this what you want your friendships to be like??
Lindsey: No...I mean I wouldn't be OPPOSED to their money situation but...
Pat: These women are HORRIBLE, catty bitches!
Lindsey: YES! thus, entertaining to MOI!

You have to admit, he has a valid point.
Why do we even like watching this junk?

Is it because it makes us forget about our own problems?
our own friend and family drama??
I don't think I can say that I relate to these women and their issues....
so WHY is it so awesomely entertaining??

Either way,  I plan on continuing to watch these shows...
but I think I will make SURE my loving boyfriend is nowhere to be found.
{You're welcome, honey}

xo,
*L*Mo

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is soooo addicting! I think the Train wreck metaphor applies in this case to justify our allegedly "bad" taste in TV. How can you not watch?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete