Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things I have learned since I last blogged....


oh HAI everyone!!
I know it's been a few days since I posted anything
and I know you all missed me...
terribly

Good news!!!
I learned some things over the last few days

Bad news!!!
tough lessons actually
none of this was fun by any means
...tough lessons for me but both things I think you guys will get a kick out of..

so PAY ATTENTION PEEPS!
Here we go: A couple things *L*Mo has learned since last Thursday...

1. You should never, ever, under any circumstances
take more than ONE 5 Hour Energy
at a time!!!
it all started Friday afternoon
I was sitting at work
kinda bored
kinda tired
kinda THIRSTY
{the kitchen is kinda a far walk and generally too much work for me to walk to}
I noticed I had a two-pack of 5 hour energy's on my desk.
I had only taken about 1 sip of one of them the day before so I finished that one off...
tasted gross...
didn't feel anything...
and at this point, i'm pretty unimpressed by this little bottle...
so what do I do?
naturally, I decide to drink the other one as well
THAT'S when 
"shit hit the fan" if you will...

first it was left arm pain which freaked me out
then my heart was RACING
then my legs went numb
then I was dizzy
at this point I decide to make the long walk to the kitchen for some water
{even though I could barely see straight...I kinda felt like a dog who feels the need to go off and die alone because I really didn't want to pass out in plain sight}
came back to my desk and tried to come to terms with the fact that I was most definitely about to 
pass out COLD 
at my desk
with people around
in a dress
with no makeup on my face
...this only made things worse....
"omg what if i pass out and my dress flies up?!?"

so what do I do next? I decide to Google "caffiene overdose"

First thing that comes up? 
a link to Yahoo Answers.
{generally, I don't even look for advice on this site, its a bunch of people who seem to know nothing about anything}
the first answer I stumble upon?
that fits EVERY side effect I am experiencing?
"you are definitely having a heart attack and could be moments away from death, call 911 or get to a hospital asap"
GREEEEEAT
so now not only am i COMPLETELY losing it
but i'm trying to hold it together at work

I spent the next 2 hours with my head in between my knees
chugging water
and telling myself "You are ok, Lindsey.  You are a FIGHTER!"
{I also held back on sending the "goodbye, I love you all" text to my family, friends, and boyfriend}
which turned out to be a good call...

Anyhoo, obviously I made it through this ordeal
barely
but heed this warning all you readers,

One 5 hour energy will most likely do the trick
so if you must drink one- I'd stay stick to ONE.
Personally...
I will not be touching a drop of that stuff to my lips
ever. again.

2. PG&E does NOT f**ck around!
I discovered this little DOOZY
last night.
Pat and I came home from the store with a nice little plan to make spaghetti and have a bottle of wine
a lovely monday night...
we pull up to the driveway
and the garage door opener is not working
hmmmm 
so I walk to the front door and notice that all lights are OFF and our oven clock isn't on either
lovely...no power
then, it HITS ME

**rewind two days prior**
I'm trying to pay our electricity bill online
but
I forgot our password
{whoops}
so I go to make the payment over the phone with my debit card...
turns out
PG&E only accepts some WEIRD kind of debit card
{I have a Wells Fargo debit card, pretty sure thats kinda standard for a lot of households so WTF PG&E?}
third option,
tell them I have sent a payment in so they don't shut off my power and go to the bank tomorrow to get a check to send in {since I had none left}...

wellllllllll guess who kinda  forgot to go to the bank the next day

SO back to last night...
now PG&E is waiting for my payment
payment doesn't come
electricity gets SHUT OFF
 wow.
OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST POINT IN MY LIFE.
I have just brought a whole new meaning to the term
FML.
After spending about an hour on the phone getting them my bank info and paying our bill, they xfer me to the Smart Meter peeps
PG&E: GREAT NEWS LINDSEY!  We can automatically turn your power back on now because you have a smart meter
ME: That IS great, thanks smart meter lady!!
PG&E: Give us just a few minutes and you will be all set
ME: Phew! Spaghetti tiiiiime!

fast forward 3 hours
{now 10:30 PM}
still no power...
Pat has made a fire that I am practically SITTING in because I'm so cold
We have finished off a bottle of wine
and a whole sourdough baguette
and I am contemplating calling PG&E to tell them I have a newborn who might now have frostbite
because they are taking FOREVER AND A DAY
to turn our power back on

Finally, around 10:45 our power was restored.

so one long night in the dark with no dinner
and
one very LARGE apology to my poor boyfriend, later
 A lesson was learned...
Don't F with PG&E...
pay your bill on time no matter what!!
apparently they have access to all the power in your house!

Oh,
Here is a pic I drew for Pat on his laptop in my red wine HAZE
notice the fine attention to detail: red wine, bread, fire, and pat's cute little fauxhawk

xo,
*L* Mo


No comments:

Post a Comment